Recipe by Nyteglori
These store well in the freezer and can be individually wrapped for a quick grab and go.
Top Review by Outta Here
These taste great but messy to make. I cut the recipe in half because I don't have a bowl big enough to mix the whole recipe :) The bake time is a bit long at 375Âº, since the bars got dry and crumbly. I may try again with 1/4 recipe and bake at lower temp. I suggest wearing latex gloves to do the mixing since it is quite sticky.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups dried apples
- 2 cups prunes
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 8 ounces peanut butter
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 12 ounces pancake mix
- 16 ounces honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice all of the fruit to the same size as the raisins.
- Add fruit and peanut butter to a large mixing bowl and knead.
- Add sunflower seeds, rolled oats, and pancake mix and knead.
- Add the honey and knead till all is mixed well.
- Press the mix into a baking tin (cookie sheets work well) 3/8" to 1/2" thick and as even as possible.
- Bake in a conventional oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minute or until the top is a light brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then turn out on a large cutting board and cut into individual servings.