Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Another recipe from Ani Phyo's blog. Watch her make this recipe here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuGjDagUWNg They aren't real donut holes but they're shaped as such.
Top Review by xinalynn
I also used a dash of vanilla extract, and subbed the dates for raisins. I processed all of the ingredients together (except coconut) into a very fine, sticky dough before rolling into balls. With the sweetness of the pineapple and raisins, it was almost a little overpowering -- so I will look for unsweetened pineapple in the future. But these went over very well and really were a nice treat. With the vanilla, they tasted a lot more like "donut holes" than I expected.
- 1 cup almonds, dry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (just use the seeds)
- 1 cup pineapple, dried and sulfur free, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 5 tablespoons dried shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salt and almonds in food processor and chop.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except coconut, by hand in a bowl. To keep hands from getting sticky while mixing, keep hands wet with cool water.
- Roll mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the shredded coconut and enjoy!