- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserve liquid
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain quinoa and lentils and bring both to boil in one covered saucepan with pineapple juice and enough water added to equal 2 cups and curry powder, salt and peppe to taste.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes or until most water is absorbed (add a few tablespoons extra water if needed to soften lentils and quinoa).
- Stir in coconut, simmer 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple, pecans and onions. Garnish with cilantro.