Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a pretty, fruity, healthy chicken salad. Guests love it, perfect for a luncheon, and is best when made the day before to allow flavors to meld. Serve on pitas, croissants, or on a lettuce leaf with crackers. It's forgiving for substitution as well. (Use leftover roast or grilled chicken, scallions instead of onion, raisins instead of cranberries, any kind of nuts you like!)
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 78.07 ml red seedless grapes, halved
- 59.14 ml toasted walnuts, chopped
- 44.37-59.16 ml craisins, chopped
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- 59.14 ml low-fat mayonnaise, plus
- 29.58 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- Chop chicken, vegetables and fruits. (Do the apple last so it doesn't brown!).
- Sprinkle with pepper and curry powder. (Use more if you like curry a lot!).
- Add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Combine gently, lifting with apoon from the bottom of the bowl. Adjust mayonnaise to reach desired creaminess.
- Refrigerate overnight. See description for serving suggestions. Makes about 4 one-cup servings.