Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister clipped this for me either from a family magazine or one of those brand circulars. This looks like a great way to get your kids to eat fruit without them thinking it's fruit. ;) And it's just as adult-friendly as well as kid-friendly! I made a tray of these and couldn't resist, and now I must share it. In addition to a great dessert and snack, they also make a great on-the-go breakfast food that doesn't seem like breakfast food! :) Be sure to have some wooden craft/popsicle sticks handy, you'll need 8 for this. Cook time is freeze time.
- 4 firm ripe bananas, peeled and cut in half cross-wise
- 8 ounces low-fat strawberry yogurt (I like Dannon and Stoneyfield Farms, about one 6-oz single serve cup will do too)
- 3 cups fruity Cheerios toasted oat cereal (Fruity Cheerios! Not plain Cheerios, but read the description for variation ideas)
- Line a cookie sheet or 13 x 9 casserole dish with wax paper. Insert wooden sticks into the cut end of each banana half so it resembles an ice pop.
- Get two shallow dishes ready, put the yogurt into one and the Cheerios into another. Roll each banana half in the yogurt first to fully coat it and drip off excess, then roll in the cereal to fully coat it.
- Place them on the cookie sheet/casserole dish and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- They're ready to eat! But if you have leftovers (I doubt this heh), wrap in foil or plastic wrap and they'll last up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
- For some variation ideas, why not try vanilla yogurt with Honey Nut Cheerios? Or any other kinds of yogurt with plain Cheerios? I like the strawberry and Fruity Cheerios combo because it's pleasing to look at and even more pleasing to eat!