Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
another fix it and forget about it dinner for a family on the go.
Make and share this Fruity Crock Pot Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- hot cooked rice
- place onion slices on bottom of crock pot.
- layer chicken on top.
- mix orange juice, soy, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic, orange zest and pour over chicken.
- sprinkle with apricots and berries.
- cover and cook on low for-8 hours until juices run clear.
- serve over rice.
Delicious and so easy! I've tried a lot of chicken crockpot meals but was never happy with them before this -- but now we've found the perfect way to cook chicken in the crockpot. The chicken was even brown. Thanks Chia we will be having this often!
I think I got too much orange zest, but other than that the meal was wonderful. I enjoyed this dish a lot and would make it again, without using so much orange zest. I liked the apricots and cranberries. It reminded me of Fall.
The kids liked this recipe a lot and wont change a thing. But the adults found it a bit too fruity. Here´s our modification of the recipe to suit adults´tastes : 4 tbsps. soy sauce instead of 2, dash of oregano, dash of nutmeg, pepper, salt, and instead of orange zest, we poured a bit of the apricot juice from the can and then added a bit of red wine (1/3 cup).... PERFECT !