Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the recipe my mother used. I'm posting it for HeatherFeather, but I have to admit to not liking it. They must have been good, because mum made them all the time, but they didn't thrill me.
- 5 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sultana (golden raisins)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 185 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Combine dry ingredients and fruit in a bowl, mixing well.
- Add the butter and eggs and mix well.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture, shape into rounds then press flat between the palms of your hands.
- Place about 5cm (2in) apart on greased oven trays (cookie sheets).
- Bake in a moderate (180c or 350f) oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool a few minutes on the trays before removing to cool on a wire rack.