Recipe by Vino Girl
While these would never be mistaken for gourmet, they are also surprisingly good considering they started out as a cake mix and some extremely sweet neon-colored cereal. I bet kids would love these, and given their unique and colorful appearance, I also think they would do well at a bake sale. From the Kraft & Post cereal websites.
Top Review by Chef GreanEyes
Soft, yet crunchy and VERY easy & yummy. my BF's 5yr old daughter was soooo excited to help make these. used strawberry cake mix cause its all we had (she also LOVE's pink) so they were extra fruity. can't wait to try coco pebbles!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg (I used 2 egg yolks that were in the fridge instead)
- 3 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat cake mix, oil, water and egg in large bowl until well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 11 minutes or JUST until cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks.