Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Not your regular slaw - crunchy apples, sweet grapes,tart orange segments and toasted almonds makes this a bit special. No mayo here - yoghurt is the "dressing" making this recipe much lower in calories than your regular slaw. Chilling time is cooking time.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (white or purple)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented (a can of mandarine segments work well)
- 1 cup halved grapes (red or green)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 apple, cored and chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricots, lemon, orange or 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla flavoured yoghurt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds (walnuts and pecans work well too)
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the almonds. Mix well and chill for 2 - 24 hours.
- Toss through almonds just before serving.
- As a note - canned pineapple is nice in this too.
- Best served with chicken or fish.