Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the BBC TV programme "ready steady cook" (tweaked a bit ;))
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 g chickpeas (half a can)
- 170 g dried apricots, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir well.
- Add the chickpeas, apricots and juice and cook on a low heat for 3 minutes.
- If the curry appears too dry add a little hot water or stock.
- Remove the curry from the heat and ladle into a shallow bowl. Serve with couscous.