4 hrs 23 mins
2 hrs 23 mins
Norahs Girl's Note:
A favourite in our Household during the long summer months.I deal for a barbacue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken portions (I used large chicken breasts)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (can use lemon for a change)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1Score the flesh of the chicken portions with a sharp knife.
- 2Mix the curry powder, ginger and salt and pepper together and rub into the chicken flesh.
- 3Place the chicken portions in a shallow dish and pour over the fruit juices.
- 4Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- 5Preheat the grill until hot, place the chicken on a wire rack and cook under the grill for about 25-30 minutes, until tender and golden, turning frequently and using the marinade to baste.
- 6After 20 minutes place the peppers under th grill and coat them in the marinade.
- 7Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- 8Heat remaining marinade gently in a saucepan.
- 9Mix the arrowroot with a little cold water and add to the marinade.
- 10Stir until thickened, them remove from the heat.
- 11Arrange the chicken on a plate and spoon the sauce over.
- 12Serve with the grilled peppers.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Chicken with Grilled Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 176.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 34.8 g