Recipe by Norahs Girl
A favourite in our Household during the long summer months.I deal for a barbacue.
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken portions (I used large chicken breasts)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (can use lemon for a change)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the flesh of the chicken portions with a sharp knife.
- Mix the curry powder, ginger and salt and pepper together and rub into the chicken flesh.
- Place the chicken portions in a shallow dish and pour over the fruit juices.
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill until hot, place the chicken on a wire rack and cook under the grill for about 25-30 minutes, until tender and golden, turning frequently and using the marinade to baste.
- After 20 minutes place the peppers under th grill and coat them in the marinade.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Heat remaining marinade gently in a saucepan.
- Mix the arrowroot with a little cold water and add to the marinade.
- Stir until thickened, them remove from the heat.
- Arrange the chicken on a plate and spoon the sauce over.
- Serve with the grilled peppers.