Recipe by ellie_
We like this simple-to-make salad with honey bread or rolls for a simple summer supper, but it would also be wonderful at a ladies luncheon or brunch. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by Trisha W
This was a tasty, refreshingly cool salad that was enjoyed on a very hot Illinois day. I took this to a baby shower luncheon. The ladies loved it. The basil is a wonderful added flavor to this salad - don't skimp on it! And the sesame oil also added a nice flavor. I believe toasted almonds could be good also, in place of the pecans. Thanks for a great main course salad!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
For Raspberry vinaigrette
- 3⁄4 cup pear juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or other spicy mustard)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Vinaigrette dressing (or use bottled Raspberry Vinaigrette) by placing vinaigrette (pear nectar- salt) in a jar and shake until blended.
- Combine chicken and 1/2 cup dressing in a large zip lock bag or marinating dish. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken, covered over medium high heat, for 5-10 minutes on each side or until done. Let chicken stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place salad greens and next five ingredients (strawberries- pecan halves) in large salad bowl, toss. Add chicken to bowl. Toss. Add remaining dressing to bowl (if using bottled about 1/2 cup).
- ****or divide salad mixture evenly on 4 plates and top with grilled chicken slices. Serve with remaining Vinaigrette dressing.