Top Review by Paulette
When I made this salad, I went right by the recipe before deciding if it needed anything different. I will definitely make it again as it was good, but a little bland. The change I will make next time is to add some spices to the chicken and grill it, to bring out the taste. I made the salad this morning and then let it chill all day, serving it for a light supper, with white wine. The next time I will add homemade bread, and if I want to get fancy serve it on a bed of lettuce. It is easy to make, and can be made a day ahead of time. This would also make a good potluck dish.
- 1 lb skinless chicken or 4 skinless chicken halves, cooked
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 3⁄4 cup red seedless grapes or 3⁄4 cup green seedless grape
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized cubes to fill 3 cups and place in large bowl.
- Add celery, pineapple, oranges, grapes and nuts.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice with a fork.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and gently toss.