Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts listed are only a guideline since I don't even bother measuring please feel free to adjust all ingredients to suit taste but please try not to omit anything all the ingredients blend together perfectly! You could use all mayonnaise but I prefer half mayonnaise and yogurt or sour cream for a lighter texture, if you are making this in advance then add in the diced apple just before serving. If you are a curry-lover then try adding in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder into the mayo mixture, I think you will be quite surprised at the taste! This is one of the best recipes for chicken salad!... For a luncheon, double or triple the complete recipe and serve this on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges around the chicken salad then sprinkle more toasted almonds on and around the chicken salad... your guests will rave!
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken (shredded or finely chopped, preferably chicken breast)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2⁄3 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes (sliced into quarters or halves)
- 1 small apple (cored and finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup toasted chopped almonds (coarsley chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (or use sour cream)
- 2 -3 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the cooked chicken with celery, onion, raisins, grapes, chopped apple and almonds; toss to combine.
- In a bowl combine the mayonnaise with yogurt and honey until combined (if you are adding in the curry powder then combine with the mayonnaise mixture) add to the chicken mixture; toss to combine well, then season with black pepper to taste.
- *NOTE* If making in advance add in apple just before serving.