This recipe can be made many ways, with fruit or vegetable changes, different nuts, and variations on the dressing. My husband likes the dressing without the vanilla yogurt, more vegetables, and pecans. (Less sweet) My daughter likes the dressing with the yogurt and mandarin orange juice, lots of fruit, and almonds. (She likes it more sweet!) My son likes it with the shredded swiss cheese and no nuts. When my mother in law comes over, we leave out the shredded coleslaw due to her allergies. So have fun with this recipe. I've never made it exactly the same way twice, and I think every variation has been delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup mandarin oranges in light syrup
Choose as many of the following as desired
- 2 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1 -2 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1Cube the chicken and place in bowl.
- 2Drain the mandarin oranges, reserving 1/4 to 1/8 cup of juice for dressing.
- 3Choose any or all fruits and place in bowl.
- 4Choose any or all nuts/dried cherries and place in bowl.
- 5Add shredded coleslaw if desired.
- 6Add swiss cheese if desired.
- 7Dressing: Mix Miracle Whip with coleslaw dressing. Add reserved syrup from mandarin oranges.
- 8Add yogurt if desired. Mix to taste. (If thicker dressing is preferred, put more Miracle Whip in; for a less sweet dressing, leave out mandarin orange juice, etc.).
- 9Pour dressing over salad. Mix with hands. Serve on bed of lettuce, or use in sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 311.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: