Cook1 hr 15 mins
From Minute Rice pamphlet. I love the mixture of the brown rice with it's nutty flavor and the sweetness of the grapes and raisins and then adding the chicken - well it is a very healthy meal. Note: Allow at least one hour of refrigeration before serving!
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- For Dressing: Mix vinegar, honey, oil, sugar and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- For Salad: Bring water, carrots and raisins to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice, return to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir. Recover and let stand another 5 minutes.
- Place rice mixture into a pretty salad bowl and then add the chicken, grapes, almonds and parsley.
- Top with honey dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.