According to my husband the fruit softens the sharpness of the chicken livers, (I can't judge because I don't like liver and I only make this for him)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 6 slices lean bacon, rinds removed and cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 dried and stoned prunes, halved or quartered when they are large
- 2 -3 halve peaches, from a tin,cut up in chunks
- 1Mix garlic, onion, honey, soy, ginger and pepper to make a marinade.
- 2Cut large livers in half and cut away any white sinew.
- 3Prick them all over with a fork and pour the marinade over them.
- 4Leave them for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 5Heat the oil in a frying pan, with a slotted spoon lift the livers out of the marinade and brown them on a high heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6Lower the heat, add the marinade and chicken stock to the pan and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- 7Add the prunes, peaches and heat through.
- 8Check the seasoning and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 416.4 mg
- Sodium 911.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g