Recipe by Pets'R'us
According to my husband the fruit softens the sharpness of the chicken livers, (I can't judge because I don't like liver and I only make this for him)
Top Review by Barb G.
Pets these are delicious, Best chicken livers that I've ever made or eaten My DH really, really liked them. This recipe is diffently a keeper.Though you didn't mention how much oil or what to do with the bacon, so I fried the bacon , removed it from the pan then added the livers.I put the bacon back in when I lowered the heat and added the marinade.This worked fine.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 6 slices lean bacon, rinds removed and cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 dried and stoned prunes, halved or quartered when they are large
- 2 -3 halve peaches, from a tin,cut up in chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix garlic, onion, honey, soy, ginger and pepper to make a marinade.
- Cut large livers in half and cut away any white sinew.
- Prick them all over with a fork and pour the marinade over them.
- Leave them for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, with a slotted spoon lift the livers out of the marinade and brown them on a high heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the marinade and chicken stock to the pan and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the prunes, peaches and heat through.
- Check the seasoning and serve.