Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kids of all ages enjoy this chicken, my son loves this recipe! For the dipping sauce you can use either plum, cherry, sweet and sour or Thai flavors, make certain that it is VH brand, I have made this recipe using the plum and sweet and sour, both are excellent. If you like some spice add in 1-2 teaspoons dryed chili flakes or some cayenne pepper. Make this in a large frypan, I use my electric frypan for this. This recipe can easily be doubled. Great served with cooked rice.
- 10 chicken legs
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
- 3 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups peaches (use fresh or canned, cut into chunks)
- 1 (250 ml) bottle plum sauce (use VH brand for this)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; brown the chicken on all sides; remove to a plate to keep warm (leave some fat in the pan).
- Add in onions and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice and dipping sauce; mix to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the brown chicken legs and then the chopped peaches; cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked completely.
- Serve with rice.