Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This fruity chicken curry dish is sure to set the taste buds tingling. This recipe is ideal for entertaining, as preparing it the night before will make it taste even better!
- 8 chicken breast fillets, skinned, cubed
- 4 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 6 ounces semi dried apricots, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn
- Mix the vinegar, curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger and sugar together.
- Add the chicken and mix. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Cook until beginning to colour golden.
- Add the cloves and peppercorns and colour for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and marinade into the pan with the onions and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add the apricots, cover and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with pilau rice and chutneys.