Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recently when I needed a salad for a pot luck, I was looking for a chicken and rice salad that used dried cherries. Since I didn't find exactly what I wanted, I created this using a combination of several different recipes I found using chicken, rice, and fruit.
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (6 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 package dried cherries
- 1 (16 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and stir into salad.
- Chill salad at least 2-3 hours before serving.