Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here is a recipe from the 1999 cookbook, Recipes to Remember from Hammond (PA) PTA, & another way to bring to life a carrot side dish!
Top Review by foodtvfan
Definitely a five-star recipe. A tasty combination of oranges and grapes with a tangy twist with the curry. Served with breaded pork chops and oven fried potatoes. These carrots would go well with a chicken dish too. Love fruit and meats together. I had mandarin oranges that needed to be used up, according to my pantry inventory, and this recipe worked out perfectly.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the oranges in water.
- Pour orange juice into a medium large sauce pan, & turn heat on to medium.
- Add carrots & curry powder, stirring well.
- Cover & cook about 10 minutes or until carrots are tender & liquid is absorbed.
- Add grapes, oranges & lemon juice, mixing well.
- Cover & heat throughout. Serve hot.