Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a "throw-together" type recipe, anything and everything goes. You make it with frozen cookie dough or brownie box mix, with frozen or fresh fruit, chopped nuts or not, with chocloate sauce, and if desired, a dollop of whipped topping, here and there. This is no way diet friendly but neither is Super Bowl Sunday! I didn't post chilling times because they may vary with each situation but the minimum is 2 hours.
- 1 (18 ounce) hershey refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (that is what I used)
- 8 ounces strawberry cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- fresh fruit (berries, bananas, kiwi, etc) or sliced frozen fruit (berries, bananas, kiwi, etc)
- chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts or macadamias)
- chocolate syrup or special dark chocolate syrup or dulce de leche
- non-dairy whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cookie dough* as stated on directions on wrapper.
- Spread onto ungreased 12" pizza pan or 3x9" baking dish.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes until done in the center.
- Let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix strawberry cream cheese with enough confectioners' sugar to make it creamy, adding a little at a time.
- Spread over cooled dough.
- Top with sliced fruit; if using frozen, strain out the juices first. (Reserve juices for another occassion).
- Sprinkle nuts and drizzle syrup over, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped topping on the side.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- This is best if eaten within 2 to 3 days.
- *If using a brownie mix, follow instructions on box and baked on lightly greased pizza pan. Bake at 350F for 7-10 minutes until done in center.