Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this for Christmas Eve when all the grocery store had were topped bries with high fructose corn syrup. Came out fantastic and we couldn't stop eating it. Putting it here so I have it for next time I want brie. :) Prep time does not include soaking the craisins. Preserved walnuts are hard to come by so if you don't have them, just omit.
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup fig preserves
- 1⁄8 cup craisins
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 preserved walnuts (chopped finely) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (coarsely chopped)
- Soak the craisins in a couple cups of water with the orange extract for at least an hour.
- Mix the wet ingredients, pour on top of the brie, then sprinkle with the almonds.