Recipe by PittieMom
A great tasting, good for you breakfast bread. Toast a slice up, spread on some butter or cream cheese...yum yum yum
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oats (NOT instant)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (Whatever kind you prefer)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup granola cereal, mix (Your choice) or 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (Your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat well and set aside.
- Combine all the fruits, oatmeal and milk in another bowl then set aside.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients stirring gently with a wisk.
- Mix together the two bowls containing the fruits/oatmeal and sugar/eggs. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes. (This makes a huge difference in the loaf texture).
- Pour into the prepared laof pan. Top with the granola or chopped nuts.
- Bake about 1 hour 25 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.