1/2 Photos of Fruity Banana Oatmeal Bread
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
A great tasting, good for you breakfast bread. Toast a slice up, spread on some butter or cream cheese...yum yum yum
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oats (NOT instant)
- 1/2 cup milk (Whatever kind you prefer)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granola cereal, mix (Your choice) or 1/4 cup chopped nuts (Your choice)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat well and set aside.
- 3Combine all the fruits, oatmeal and milk in another bowl then set aside.
- 4Combine remaining dry ingredients stirring gently with a wisk.
- 5Mix together the two bowls containing the fruits/oatmeal and sugar/eggs. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients.
- 6Let stand for about 15 minutes. (This makes a huge difference in the loaf texture).
- 7Pour into the prepared laof pan. Top with the granola or chopped nuts.
- 8Bake about 1 hour 25 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Banana Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: