From Sarah Ainley’s book, The World’s Best Recipes, Caribbean section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 (14 ounce) can guava shells in syrup (i.e., guava halves)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 ounces ginger, preserved
- 2 tablespoons ginger syrup (from the preserved ginger)
- 4 tablespoons thick coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 coconut, cut in strips, to decorate
- 1Peel, core and cube the pineapple, and place in a serving bowl. Reserving the liquid, drain and chop the guavas. Toss the guavas into the serving bowl with one of the bananas and the mango.
- 2Chop the preserved ginger and add to the pineapple mixture.
- 3Pour 2 tablespoons of the ginger syrup, and the reserved guava syrup into a blender or food processor and add the other banana, the coconut milk and the sugar. Blend to form a smooth creamy puree.
- 4Pour the banana and coconut mixture over the fruit, add a little grated nutmeg and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Serve chilled, decorated with strips of coconut.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruits of the Tropics Salad
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
guava shells in syrup