Fruits of the Forest Fondue
- Sieve or purée the raspberries and make up to 300ml (1/2 pint) with the natural juice.
- Place in the fondue pan with the cherries and blackberries.
- Stir in the icing sugar and place the fondue pan on the hob over a moderate heat to warm through.
- In a small bowl, blend together the brandy or kirsch and cornflour and stir into the fondue.
- Continue to cook for 2- 3 minutes, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer the fondue pan to its lighted spirit stove.
- Stir in the fromage frais or natural yogurt, and keep warm until required.
- For dipping: Offer a selection of pink and white marshmallows, chunks of banana, tiny meringue shells and ratafia biscuits.