Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I love summer fruits, and I love pies. The problem is always choosing which kind to make. This recipe marries strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries for a winning combination. It is equally great served warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or icy cold out of the refrigerator. And, best of all, it is simple to make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Even though I have frozen berries on hand much of the time (for smoothies, mostly), I very much appreciated being able to use fresh fruit for this pie, & the flavor of the combo of berries was beyond excellent! Just the right amount of sweet & tart, we thought, so we'll be keeping this recipe around! Thanks so much for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 473.18 ml strawberries, halved
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 236.59 ml raspberries
- 236.59 ml blackberry
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Ease bottom crust in 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in berries and lemon juice. Gently toss berries until coated. Transfer berry mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate.
- Trim bottom pastry to edge of pie plate. Place top frust on filling and fold edge under bottom pastry. Flute edge as desired. Prick with fork for steam vents.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until top is golden filling is bubbling. Cool on wire rack.