Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I like bread pudding to have substance. This is about as close as you can get and still be called Bread Pudding. Prep time includes 1 hour chilling time.
- 24 ounces white bread, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant coconut pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine bread cubes, white sugar and pudding, mixing well.
- In separate bowl or mixer beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, extracts and lemon juice until foamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over bread cube mixture, stirring well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Pour into buttered 10x14 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until firm.