Recipe by Mirj
This dessert is just as much fun to serve as it is to eat.
Top Review by Kittie
yum, yum, yum. My whole family liked this. My only comment was that since I used canned fruits in their own juices (not heavy syrup) I think the liquid was not as thick as it could have been. and, there was so much liquid left over I didn't know what to do with it. But, will make again. Thanks
- 1 lb canned pear
- 1 lb canned whole apricot
- 1 lb canned bing cherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pears, aprictos and cherries, reserving syrup.
- Combine syrups in a saucepan with lemon juice, cinnamon stick, apricot preserves and 2 tablespoons of the rum.
- Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half.
- Remove cinnamon stick and pour syrup over fruits.
- Refrigerate until about 30 minutes before serving.
- Place fruit and syrup in an oven proof casserole.
- Cover casserole and heat in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven just until fruit is hot, about 5 minutes.
- Warm remaining 4 tablespoons rum.
- At the table, ignite the rum and pour flaming over the fruit.
- Serve when flames have died out.