Recipe by MsSally
This is a take on my "usual" strawberry pie. You can use any combo of fruit you like, I used strawberries, blueberries, and nectarines. I also think peaches, blackberries and raspberries would work. You can also change the jello flavor to your liking. We like strawberry. Note: You will probably have extra filling. Just pour it over some additional fruit without the crust and chill. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 pie crust, your favorite, I prefer the refridgerated kind, but frozen or homemade will do
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin, strawberry or your favorite
- 5 cups fruit, your choice
- Cool Whip, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450. Place crust, in pie pan, prick bottom of crust with fork. Place in oven for 10 to 12 mins or till golden. Remove and cool.
- While crust is cooling, in a microwave safe dish, combine sugar, water and cormstarch. Cook 4 to 6 mins, stiring every couple of minutes Mixture will get very thick and almost clear. Remove from microwave and pour in jello. Stir to disolve.
- Place fruit in cooled crust and pour hot jello mixture over covering all pcs of fruit with a thin glaze. Place in fridge to chill about 2 hours. The jello should set firm.
- Serve with cool whip.