- 1 cup raisins, preferably golden
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup red maraschino cherries or 1⁄2 cup green maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly spray a 9x13-in. (3-L) baking dish with oil. Place raisins, chocolate chips, almonds and cherries in a bowl. Measure out flour. Remove 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour and stir into raisin mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir remaining flour with baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, beat butter with sugar until mixed, 2 minute Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until evenly mixed. Using a wooden spoon, stir in raisin mixture until evenly distributed. Turn into prepared dish. Smooth top.
- Bake in centre of oven until top turns golden, 35 to 40 minute Remove to a wire rack and cool completely, then cut into squares. (They will be easier to cut if refrigerated overnight first.)
- If making ahead, store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 2 months.