Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Healthy Cooking (A Taste of Home Magazine) Aug/Sept. 2008. Originally submitted by Lisa Renshaw of Kansas City, Missouri. From magazine - "You just know this colorful wrap is going to be great and so good for you! It's packed with lean protein, fruit and veggies and wrapped in whole grain goodness!"
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage or 2 cups napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- Combine the mayonnaise, orange peel, orange juice, and curry powder. Spread over tortillas. Top with cabbage, onion, oranges, cranberries, and turkey. Roll up!
Made just half a recipe (2 of us here) but followed the ingredients even though I'm not a big fan of curry! Must say that in combination with the other ingredients & flavors, it was very, very good & we thoroughly enjoyed these tasty wraps! Yet another recipe I'm keeping on hand for future use! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
So healthy and tasty. The orange, curry, and turkey are a great combo. Really liked that the cabbage add some crunch with out taking over. Because I had to carry to work it got a little soft, think next time will pat the oranges to cut the moisture just a little as it was just a little soft. Will make again. Thanks for the post.
Loved the fruit and meat combo of this wrap. I used iceberg lettuce for the cabbage and green onion, but otherwise kept to the recipe. I did pat dry the mandarin oranges before using. Next time I will add a few chunks of cheddar. Thanks for sharing the recipe!