Recipe by Mirj
This is a great way to prepare turkey for small gatherings.
Top Review by joann41657
Made this tonight after apple cider brining the Turkey breast. My husband was asking me to make it again after just 2 bites. I think this would also be great with a pork loin. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 1 (3 lb) turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped (prunes, pears, apples, apricots, etc.)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Place the turkey breast, skin side up, in a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the thyme and rosemary.
- Roast, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drain off and discard any fats and juices.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Arrange the onion, pepper, carrots, dried fruit, sweet potato and pineapple chunks around the turkey.
- Mix together the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup and red wine.
- Pour over and around turkey.
- Cover pan loosely with foil.
- Return to the oven and bake 1 hour longer.
- Remove the foil and continue baking 20 to 30 minutes, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the sauce has thickened and the turkey is cooked through.