1/1 Photo of Fruited Turkey Breast
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This is a great way to prepare turkey for small gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped (prunes, pears, apples, apricots, etc.)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- 2Place the turkey breast, skin side up, in a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- 3Sprinkle with the thyme and rosemary.
- 4Roast, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
- 5Remove from the oven, drain off and discard any fats and juices.
- 6Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- 7Arrange the onion, pepper, carrots, dried fruit, sweet potato and pineapple chunks around the turkey.
- 8Mix together the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup and red wine.
- 9Pour over and around turkey.
- 10Cover pan loosely with foil.
- 11Return to the oven and bake 1 hour longer.
- 12Remove the foil and continue baking 20 to 30 minutes, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the sauce has thickened and the turkey is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruited Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.3
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 221.1 mg
- Sodium 349.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 78.1 g