Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tabbouleh is a favorite Mideastern Salad, usually made with lemon, parsley and mint.This version adds fruit, nuts and ginger. The salad needs to chill 4 hours before serving.Recipe comes from Cooking.com.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 small nectarines, pitted and diced
- 2 large apricots, pitted and diced
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 2⁄3 cup walnuts (3 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup minced of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated gingerroot or 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- romaine lettuce leaf
- In a medium saucepan combine water and bulgur.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or till the bulgur is tender and all of the liquid is absored.
- Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together blueberries, nectrines, apricots, cooked bulgur, nuts and mint.
- For dressing: In a screw-top jar combine oil, lemon juice, gingerroot or ginger and salt.
- Cover and shake well to mix: pour over bulgur mixture, toss well; cover and chill at least 4 hours before severing.
- Line a platter with Romaine leaves.
- Spoon salad on to platter.