Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A different twist on sweet and sour pork.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, sliced in thin strips
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Russian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- Preheat frying pan at 350 degrees; melt butter. Add pork and saute about 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is browned. Drain pineapple, reserving about 3/4 cup of syrup. Combine pineapple syrup, Russian dressing, water, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, and salt; pour over meat and stir until thickened. Cover. Turn heat down to a low simmer. and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is fork tender. Add green pepper, onion and pineapple tidbits. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Serve over hot rice.
Quite good, but could use more vinegar, a touch too sweet. I originally gave it 4 stars, but DH raved about so much I had to change it!:) Thanks for posting! Congrats on you Football win!