Recipe by Sharon123
The ideal gift! Put it in an airtight bag and colorful gift box for a quick fix up, or add it to a gift basket. Add a turkey baster, maybe a bottle of wine, use your imagination!
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine stuffing mix and remaining ingredients; store in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Yield: 6 cups Directions for recipe gift card: Combine 3 cups Fruited Stuffing Mix, 1/2 cup apple juice, and 2 tbls.
- melted butter or margarine.
- Spoon mixture into desired meat, poultry, or acorn squash; bake.
- Yield: enough for 1 pork crown roast, 6 Cornish hens, or 3 acorn squash, halved.
- Note: To stuff a turkey, combine 6 cups Fruited Stuffing Mix, 1 cup apple juice, and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine.