Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I prepared this salad to accompany Pork Pinwheels With Apricot Stuffing for a very elegant meal. The honey mustard dressing compliments the fruit and spinach wonderfully. I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar, white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons oil, salad
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1 medium papayas, seeded, peeled, and cubed or 1 medium mangoes or 2 medium pears, cored, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, seedless, halved
- In a screw top jar combine vinegar, oil, honey, poppy seed, and dry mustard Cover; shake well to mix.
- Combine spinach, papaya or pears, and grapes.
- Shake dressing again and pour over salad.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Very delicious! Served this for St. Patrick's dinner last night. Switched out green grapes for red grapes and green Granny Smith apple and kiwi for the papaya in keeping with the "theme". Love the easy dressing-I agree it does complement the fruit nicely! I still want to try this with the other fruit sometime though! Thank you for posting the recipe! cg ;)
Congrats! Your recipe is featured on our homepage today as the "Recipe of the Day!" (8/5/11)
This was good!