Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another TOH recipe. Haven't tried it yet, but can never get enough spinach salads.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine oil, jam, vinegar, and reserved juice; shake well.
- In serving bowl, toss remainng ingredients.
- Serve with dressing.
Very good salad. The pecans really make it. I prefer the Strawberry Spinach Salad # 21228 but this is a nice substitute when strawberries are not in season. Thanks, Mama Soule
We enjoyed this salad combination very much. The dressing was very tasty and suited the ingredients well. I did add another tablespoon of raspberry jam. I used the full amount of mandarin oranges and a whole apple even though I only used 5 oz of spinach and it seemed just right, though I did use just half the amount of dressing - so the full amount would be about right for 10 oz of spinach. I also threw in some raisins, which went well with everything. Beautiful and delicious! Thanks for posting.