I have had so many request for this one. This is a nice refreshing tossed salad with cranberries, apples, pears and cashew, the Poppyseed Dressing is sooo good. This recipe is from my cousin Holly.
- 2 bags european lettuce (or equal amount of romaine, torn into pieces)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese or 4 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 gala apples, unpeeled and cubed
- 2 pears, unpeeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Mix salad ingredients Prepare dressing by blending first 5 ingredients well.
- Add poppy seeds to dressing.
- Toss salad with dressing to taste.
This is my new favorite fruity salad! The dressing is unbelievably good and simple - I was a little shy on lemon juice, so I topped it off with a few squirts of lime juice and it was great. Thanks so much for a combination I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own!