Recipe by nomnom
Inspired from a salad I had at Bob Evan's last night - with a few alterations (replacing the iceberg for the more nutrient-dense spinach). The fresh fruits REALLY make this dish a tasty one!! (The times are estimates because different people take different times prepping foods, but it should NOT take long at all - especially with pre-shredded veggies). Take away the chicken for a vegan delight!
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 10 strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free raspberry fruit spread
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- crumbled blue cheese (optional) or feta cheese, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill, broil, or bake chicken however you like and cut up into bite-sized chunks Wash and prep all veggies and fruits.
- Assemble veggies and fruits in order or however you prefer.
- Top with chicken (warm or cool).
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a small microwave-safe dish and microwave for less than a minute- until jam melts.
- Stir together.
- Drizzle salad with dressing, top with cheese (if desired), and ENJOY!