Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Hartford Courant
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied fruit
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour cookie sheet.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and stir in ricotta, eggs, vanilla, sugar, candied fruit, raisins, almonds and lemon peel.
- Knead lightly until dough holds together.
- Shape into a 12 inch long loaf and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes our clean from the center.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Brush butter over the warm loaf.
- Sift confectioner's sugar over the top.
- Cool completely.