Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another delicious recipe from Woman's World. If you like dried mixed fruit....you gotta love this!!!
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, about 5 oz
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced,dark green pieces separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry herbes de provence (I used Herbes De Provence)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, lower sodium ok
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 (6 1/8 ounce) package rice pilaf mix
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- Cook almonds stirring until lightly browned; about 5 minute.
- Remove from skillet; reserve.
- In same skillet over med-hi heat melt butter; add mushrooms, white& light green scallion pieces herbes and salt.
- Cook until liquid has almost evaporated; about 5 minute.
- In pot over med-hi heat bring broth to boil; add mushroom mixture, peppers, fruit, pilaf mix and seasoning packet from mix; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook 15 minute.
- Reserve 1 tbs sliced scallion greens.
- Add peas& remaining scallions to pot; DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook until liquid is almost absorbed; about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with almonds and remaining scallions.