1 hr 15 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This is from Better Homes and Garden, Holiday Baking. Garnish with snipped apricots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package pumpkin quick bread mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons apricot nectar
- 1In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk.
- 2Whisk in nectar, oil, and 2/3 cup water; using a wooden spoon, stir in pumpkin quick bread mix into egg mixture until combined. Stir in pecans, the 1/2 cup apricots, and the cranberries.
- 3Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan(s); spread evenly.
- 4Bake 55-65 minutes: 8X4X2-inch pan.
- 5Bake 30-35 minutes: 5 3/4X3X2-inch pan.
- 6Done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from pan(s) and cool completely on wire rack(s).
- 9If desired, pour Apricot Icing over bread and sprinkle with additional snipped apricots.
- 10Apricot Icing: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, and enough apricot nectar (3-4 tsp.) to reach drizzling consistency.
- 11Makes 1 large loaf or 3 small loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruited Pumpkin Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1868.3
- Calories from Fat 1168
- Total Fat 129.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 152.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 149.2 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pumpkin quick bread mix