Recipe by Miss Annie
A nice dish to serve when the weather gets cooler. It is easy to put together, and wonderful to come home to. Preparation time includes soaking the dried fruit.
Top Review by NoSpringChicken
I was so pleased to find this recipe! Several years ago, I had much the same recipe, then lost it. Our family enjoyed it a lot. It was interesting to hear the comments of guests, too, for they were surprised at the unusual ingredients and delighted with the wonderful taste.
- 3⁄4 cup pitted dried prune
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can light beer
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In the crock pot, soak the dried fruits and ginger in the beer for 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey.
- Brown meat in oil over medium high heat.
- Place the meat on top of the fruit in the crock pot.
- Cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 5 to 6 hours.