Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 hrs
A nice dish to serve when the weather gets cooler. It is easy to put together, and wonderful to come home to. Preparation time includes soaking the dried fruit.
- 3⁄4 cup pitted dried prune
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can light beer
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- In the crock pot, soak the dried fruits and ginger in the beer for 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey.
- Brown meat in oil over medium high heat.
- Place the meat on top of the fruit in the crock pot.
- Cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
I was so pleased to find this recipe! Several years ago, I had much the same recipe, then lost it. Our family enjoyed it a lot. It was interesting to hear the comments of guests, too, for they were surprised at the unusual ingredients and delighted with the wonderful taste.