Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Simple to put together--great taste. This is good for company.
- 1 cup dried apricot, halves
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 3 -5 lbs center cut pork rib roast or 3 -5 lbs pork loin roast, backbone cracked
- 1 cup light corn syrup or 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- In small saucepan combine apricots and sherry. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed.
- Trim excess fat from surface of pork. Cut deep slits in meat directly over rib bones. Insert 3 to 4 apricots into each slit. Place roast, bone side down, on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast in 325°F oven for 1 to 2 hours until meat registers 160°F on meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze in small saucepan: Stir corn syrup, orange peel, orange juice, and soy sauce. bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, set aside half of glaze to serve with pork.
- Brush pork loin frequently with remaining glaze during last 30 minutes or roasting. Serve with the reserved glaze.