Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious way to dress up pork chops!
- 8 pork chops or 8 pork loin
- 4 cups dry bread, cubes
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2-1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place pork chops in a 9x13" pan.
- (Spray pan with cooking spray, if desired).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients, using orange juice to achieve desired moistness.
- Spread dressing evenly over pork chops.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour.
- This can be made early in the day and refrigerated until cooking time.
This was very easy to put together, and is a perfect "comfort food". The apple/cheese cinnamon combo is perfect.I used one very large Mutsu apple (left peel on), 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and about 1 cup of Orange Juice. I did not use the full teaspoon of salt, just a sprinkle when seasonning meat. I had 7 chops, made this in my lasagna pan, and the hour cooking time was perfect.
I sure hope someone else does this like it's supposed to be done. I had a thick chop; hate raisins and the top came off of my cinnamon while sprinkling. I had to take the stuffing off the top so the chop could cook extra (really thick chop), so I added more orange juice and a little fresh ginger. I put apricots in place of the raisins, but it's very hard to divide a recipe like this into eighths. With all of that, it was delicious. It wasn't the best I've eaten, but i'll try again, but with a normal chop or two; and make sure the top is on my cinnamon; and be able to measure correctly. Definitely a keeper (just try not to substitute every other ingredient like i did)