Recipe by Gwen35
If you like "sweet with your meat" this is for you. This recipe came from one of my local supermarkets long ago and is something to be made for a special occasion. It is colorful and oh, so tasty. I prefer well-trimmed bone-in chops, but I am sure thick butterfly chops would work as well. This is nice served with a small Caesar salad and boiled, parslied potatoes (preferably red). Enjoy.
- 4 -6 pork chops, bone-in (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can cranberry sauce, whole
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 sweet pepper, cut in 1/2-inch chunks (any colour)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In frypan, brown chops in oil.
- Drain pineapple slices, reserving syrup.
- Combine 1/2 cup pineapple syrup, 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, chicken stock, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Add to chops, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Add pineapple and sweet peppers, cover and simmer about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove chops, pineapple and pepper to a warm platter, lifting them out with a slotted spoon (keep warm in a slow oven).
- Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into pan juices, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- Add remaining cranberry sauce; stir to mix and heat through; pour sauce over chops and enjoy.