Another addition for my Special Breakfast series! Oatmeal gets all dolled up. Feel free to choose diffrent fruits if you prefer other kinds. If you are lucky enough to have one of those blow torch thingies for the brulee, have at it. I must use the broiler in the oven, however. It keeps me humble, I guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices fresh ginger (quarter size)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 slices orange peel (3 inches each)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (pitted)
- 1/4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups raspberries
- 4 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1Bring cream, ginger, cinnamon and orange peel to simmer, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in syrup and nutmeg and cover.
- 3Bring water and salt to a boil.
- 4Stir in oats and cook 10 minutes over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add dried fruit, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the Ginger-Maple Cream.
- 6Cook 7 minutes longer.
- 7Remove from heat and cover.
- 8Let stand for 3 minutes.
- 9Preheat broiler.
- 10Strain Ginger-Maple Cream and discard solids.
- 11Butter 4 1-cup ovensafe dishes.
- 12Place 5-6 raspberries on the bottom of each dish.
- 13Divide oatmeal evenly over raspberries, smoothing the tops.
- 14Sprinkle each dish with 1 tbs of superfine sugar.
- 15Place under broiler and cook 3-4 minutes or until sugar carmelizes.
- 16Serve with remaining Ginger-Maple Cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruited Oatmeal Brulee With Ginger-Maple Cream
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.5
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: