Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family favorite and it is so easy. My Mom makes this for every family gathering. It's the perfect addition to any picnic, reunion, or any time. Light and refreshing. We have a Large family, so you may want to cut this recipe in 1/2 or even 3rds.
- 3 bags colored miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups pineapple, crushed or tidbits, drained
- 3 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 32 ounces sour cream
- 32 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, cut in 1/2, drained (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together except marshmallows. Mix well.
- Add marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
- Chill overnight. You will not want to skip this step; it does make a difference.
I made only 3 cups. I really like the taste. It's creamy, sweet just a little bit because of the marshmallow and fruits. The sour cream helps to reduce the sweetness. I used maraschino cherry. I used fat free sour cream. Thanks Teresa :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I made this on Palm Sunday for our dessert, and it was wonderful. Definately, chill overnight for the full flavor. This is a nice light dessert, and not too sweet. I halved the recipe, and it still made a lot! Even still, my family managed to go through it pretty fast. Will be making this again! Thank you.